Personal Training Director
Balance Gym is currently seeking a Personal Training Director to grow, manage, and energize the personal training department at one club. The ideal candidate should have a strong background private training and management. The PT Director is integral to the day to day running of a health club and should be a high energy contributor to the club's overall direction and success. Balance Gym is a DC-based entrepreneurial gym founded upon principles of hard work, a focus on people, and a strong sense of community. The ideal candidate should be similarly tenacious, self-motivated, and capable of functioning without micromanagement. If you have read the responsibilities and requirements below and are qualified please send your resume AND cover letter to Ben@balancegym.com.
- Manages the personal training team (including: HR, payroll and performance management issues)
- Trains new employees and provides ongoing training for all personal training staff.
- Creates positive, high energy environment for training staff and for new or existing clients.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving staff morale through creative team-oriented activities
- Monitors and analyzes personal training revenue and budget.
- Meets monthly training goals by generating revenue through sales and promotions.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department.
- Conducts departmental meetings.
- Acts as contact person for members regarding personal training matters.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and success based on revenues, participation, satisfaction and further interest.
- Responsible for zone management duties which include reporting any facility, janitorial, or capital improvement needs for assigned area.
- Responsible for being up to date on fitness trends and popular classes/programs.
- Capable of recommending and implementing new and innovative classes and other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computers and Motionsoft software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of the fitness industry.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Experience in a health club or the hospitality industry is preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Further Education in fitness.
- Active CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications