CrossFit Foundations Course
Upon completion of Foundations classes or testing in, you may sign up for as many group classes per week as you wish. All group training memberships include unlimited class.·
Foundations classes are for individuals seeking to enter our ongoing group classes. They are designed to introduce the technique and mechanics of CrossFit’s 9 basic movements and other secondary movements and then intensity. Foundations is perfect for those who are hesitant on or lack technique in the movements, desire more attention and time to review, or are unsure of where to begin. There will be a workout at the end of each day, which will get progressively more challenging as the course progresses.
- The Foundations classes meet two days per week over the course of three weeks.
- They consist of·six one-hour training sessions limited to six trainees.
Foundations consists of:
- Introduction to CrossFit’s basic movements, including:
- Squats (Air/Front/Back Squats/Overhead Squat)
- Deadlifts (Deadlift/Sumo Deadlift High Pull/Medicine Ball Cleans)
- Presses (Standing Shoulder Press/Push Press/Push Jerk)
- Secondary movements:
- Thrusters/Kettlebell Swings/Box Jumps/Jump Rope/Developing a Kipping Pull-up/Knees to Elbows
- Application of movements with appropriate intensity